[rescue] The fat lady. . .

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:41:50 CST 2001

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> How do you wear out soundcards anyway?  I've never had that happen.  The sound

I'm with you on this one. I've got two ISA SBAwe/32 cards that just keep
going, and going, and going... Never had any Linux install fail to pick
them up and run beautifully. Sound great, too, with slots for RAM
onboard and the wave table. Woo! Hmmm? Could I get quadrophonic sound if
I put them both in one machine?

> as low as possible, etc).  The only reason I upgraded was because it is ISA,
> and I just couldn't get my current machine to deal with ISA cards without
> crashing within a minute of bootup.

Really? I've never had a problem running a single ISA card in an
otherwise PCI machine. The single card being the sound cards mentioned
above.

---sambo