[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:38:05 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:25:28PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> "unobtrusive cable-running in the household"

Not hard if one is willing to be serious about it.  You just have to be willing
to break out the serious power tools to do installations properly.  Drop
ceilings are also pretty convienient, except you still have to deal with hiding
the cable running upto or down from the ceiling.

> "decorating! teach your loved one the virtues of buying furniture aside from
> bricks, boards, milk crates, and metro"

Convince her/him that the realy furniture has better hacking possibilities?

> reason being: i have for about ten years now had a long-running warfare
> with scsi and ide cables. i always get them turned around or upside down
> or backwards or something. its a jinx, so i dont touch the innards of my
> pc.

I hate drive cables.  Luckily I've never had permenant damage result from
getting one backwards.  I did see a machine where the guy plugged his hard
drive power cable in backwards.  That drive was finished.

--
Joshua D. Boyd