[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:16:27 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:12:09PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:03:31PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> > > Then grab a SBLive!
> > i've gone through three of these. wonderful sound cards, cant rave enough
> > about them (they work great and stand up to cat hair and renovation dust).
>
> She's the only person I know who can *wear out* a sound card. 8-)
>
> (yes, she's on her THIRD SBLive!.  I think when this one goes, we'll get
>  her an Audigy, or will have upgraded to an nForce-based board by then..)

Yeah, but just imagine the annoyance that will result when she wears out the
sound of the nForce board.

How do you wear out soundcards anyway?  I've never had that happen.  The sound
card in my sisters machine is nearly 5 years old and still working well, and it
has been put through a lot (changing from machine to machine quite a few times,
having been driven with the amp fairly high, and more commonly with the amp
as low as possible, etc).  The only reason I upgraded was because it is ISA,
and I just couldn't get my current machine to deal with ISA cards without
crashing within a minute of bootup.

--
Joshua D. Boyd