[rescue] SSH between PowerBook OS X .1.2 and Solaris

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 14:18:12 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:10:51PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> No, I took my cue from you, but I included a reference:
> > i suggest you go pick up a copy of "unix for dummies" or the generic nix
> > manual book from o'reilly and have some quality time in the bathroom
> > this weekend.

I think Ken was just insulted at being told to go read a "Dummies" book.

Actually, they're much better nowdays than the old "DOS for Dummies" or
"Wordperfect for Dummies" books of old.  I actually own a copy (or two)
of "UNIX for Dummies", and its one of their most in-depth, technically-full
titles that I've seen.  I also bought "Cascarding Style Sheets for
Dummies" two weeks ago; its excellent as well.

One of the reasons I keep a copy of UFD around is to give to friends who
ask "How do I use this UNIX thing?"  Next thing I know, they're installing
Linux or Solaris, and getting rid of Windows...

The "for dummies" nowdays is just a brand/trademark, not refelective of the
content of the book or the intended skill/ability level of the audience.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net