[rescue] network setup solaris 7

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 11:58:54 CST 2001

I saw Ken's answer to this, but it didn't seem to
address Dave's original question.  Even though
Dave's probably figured it out by now, I thought
I would get this into the archive for some other
poor doomed soul.

To set the default gateway on a Solaris box,
and disable the routing daemon (which you probably
don't want on a home LAN):
1.  Put the bare IP address of the gateway system
    in /etc/defaultrouter
2.  Create an empty /etc/notrouter file
	(# touch /etc/notrouter)

There is a wealth of Solaris networking info hidden
all over the web, but nothing quite like the Linux
HOWTOs.  Some places to start:

  http://www.sysadminmag.com/
  http://www.stokely.com/unix.sysadm.resources/index.html
  http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/