[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solarisbox)

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 09:45:56 CST 2001

FWIW, I found the comment a little insulting, too. While I wouldn't
describe myself as exactly *learned* by comparison here, I was putting
some serious thought into it. If it were indeed as easy as reading the
right book, that would have already been done.

And finally, as with most of this stuff, the real question is not *what*
since we can all see *what* is going on. The question is *why* which is
what is puzzling here. The why could be intermittent reverse DNS or
something. Figuring out the *why* is the gratification we're looking for
here.

Isn't honest troubleshooting help what this list is all about? (Aside
from food?)