[rescue] Any cool toys?

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 01:13:40 CST 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:
> the certification of the PC. TI, IIRC, had some big
> problem with either RF modulators or power supplies
> that maybe one of the major causes TI was a marginal
> player (product release delayed due to PS problems,
> IIRC)...

The power supplies were notorious for overheating and failing. My father
solved this problem by installing larger, heatsinked regulators in place
of the "P"-box's own regulators and powering the console from the P-box.
He also made a few other modifications that would send those who wrote the
DMCA off into heart-attack land. Dad was real swuft at TI Assembly.

-----