[rescue] Any cool toys?

Roger Walkup rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 07:01:49 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> > > Yay you!  Amy and I have rescued a number of dogs in the past.
> >
> > My last two dogs and the cat were from pounds.  The large terrier mutt I got in
> > the NYC pound was fairly flakey when I got him; the shepard/something
> >
> Yes yea for you indeed! My kitty Fiona, is a rescue. She was in process of
> being sent to the pound when I got her. Great cat she is :)
>
> She would say hi but she is way too busy with her beauty sleep <gr>
>
> Mike N

All our cats (currently 4 inside, 1 out; as many as 12) are/were rescues.  In Japan,
most people don't want to neuter their cats with obvious results.  The kittens are
usually abandoned.  If they've built up good karma, someone will take care of them,
if not, they die.  In this part of America (rural Wisconsin, 30 miles SE of
Superior) people drop off unwanted kittens in the counry because farms "always" need
more cats (ha).  The 2 U.S. indoor cats were getting by on hunting, but they were
used to people and came in after a couple of days of feeding outside.  The outdoor
cat lives in one of the pole buildings (I think), but doesn't want to come in the
house.  Farmers around here shoot strays so people would do their unwanted animals a
favor by taking them to an animal shelter.

Roger