[rescue] Re: Any cool toys?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 21:22:20 CST 2001

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Rare is the woman that thinks a SCSI cable is a cool gift!

Heh. My ex-live-in wondered why I wasn't offended at receiving a
known-broken Sun 2x CDROM for my birthday a couple of years ago. I needed
the case for something else, and didn't have the resources to find them
very easily at the time.

This year my main Christmas gift (actually a New Year's/Twelfth Night
gift--this takes time) is more carpet space in the living room. I'm in the
process (very slowly) of cutting my computer stock down (hoping to be down
to 10 running and <50 total in the apartment), and my electric bill at the
same time.

And whee, it was 9 years ago today that I wrote my first shell script, on
a "pirated" Banyan VINES TCP/IP connection at college.

Hmmm, what other threads am I missing? I have two rescued bunnies and two
rescued cats. I'm a "short" UNIX admin (5'10") with a short Christmas tree
(4'6" live sequoia). The above-mentioned live-in was 4'11.5" and the girl
I'm seeing at the moment is proud to be 4'11.75". She was so happy to know
she had a quarter inch on the previous one. :)

Happy Xmas all... remember, don't drink and fsck.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows