[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants...

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 08:08:46 CST 2001

> Pentium III 750Mhz, but my mistake it's a *Latitude* C600 not an Inspiron.
>
> still, does it do neat tricks?  ATI Mobility M3 chipset if that helps.

Yes - it should.  There should be an option in the Display properties dialog
boxes somewhere (depending on your OS, Win9x or Win2K) to "extend desktop to
this display".  Can't recall exactly what the wording is, as it only becomes
clickable/visible if the second display is actually hooked up to it.  You
may also need to install the latest drivers from Dell - the drivers direct
from ATI don't work quite as well.  For reference, I had an Inspiron 5000
(Cellery-500Mhz, ATI Mobility) that performed these feats of wonder - and I
swear I recall that the Inspiron 500 and the Latitude 600 were the same
system board...

> also, is there a way to get Arcanum to run full screen on this thing?  i
could
> swear that it did at one point, but i could be thinking of Balders Gate 2

I dunno.  Never played that game.  I'm mostly a first-person-shooter and
racing player.  Right now I'm embroiled in Delta Force 3: Land Warrior -
very fun to play, even if the graphics aren't top-notch.

Kurt