[rescue] Re: OT Linux

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 19:45:02 CST 2001

On December 24, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I run it over TCP instead of UDP whenever possible.
>
> I have no idea which I do.  For small networks which is faster/more reliable?

  NFS defaults to UDP, and most NFS implementations *only* do UDP.
TCP can be better in some situations because it can take advantage of
stuff like congestion control...but UDP NFS mounts have the advantage
of being stateless, so you don't need to remount filesystems when the
server reboots.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire