[rescue] Re: OT Linux

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 11:01:42 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 07:30:29PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On December 23, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > We're moving our Oracle architecture to Oracle on solaris/sparc.  Main
> > reason is that we have a NetWork appliance that we bought expressly for
> > holding Oracle data - and oracle/linux no worky over NFS very well (if at
> > all).
>
>   *Nothing* involving the mention of Linux and NFS in the same
> sentence tends to work very well, I've noticed.

In one interview, Darryl Strauss of Titanic fame was commenting that he had NFS
trouble with linux on the film production.  Something about an SGI crashing,
and thus required restarting the NFS daemons on all the linux machines.  Sounds
icky to me.  Personally, I find NFS on any platform to be painfull (although
I've only used it with NetBSD and Linux so far).

--
Joshua D. Boyd