[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants... ;^)

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 07:37:38 CST 2001

> Yes, that is exactly what the notebooks 'round here do.  Word on the
notebook
> LCD, IE on the 17"CRT, or whatever combo you want.  Now, the notebooks we
have
> top out at 1024x768, but PC notebooks that support up to 1440x??? (I think

I'm looking at my Inspiron 8000 right now with 1400x1050x32.  It is *SWEET*.

> ???=960, but not sure) have been available for sometime from Dell with a
> GeForce 2MX videochipset, making it probably the fastest notebook video
display
> with the possible exception of some of the higher end tadpole SPARC books.
Err

oh, yes....droool.....

And if I tried to base the purchase of an Inspiron 8500 on the video
chipset - my wife would never let me buy *anything* again.

That doesn't mean I don't lust after it though - it sure is cute, and I hear
it has sisters  :-D

Kurt