OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 23:10:06 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 10:34:31AM +0000, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > The P90 had no L2 cache, and was thus a dog.
>
> Well, it was much faster when it was new I'm sure... ;^)

No.  I'm pretty sure the speed remained constant.  Well, that not true.  It did
get faster when more ram was added.  It was rather frustrating because the P75s
we had at the time were far faster.  The salesvermin said that we could add L2,
and pointed at the slot to add it, but I later figured out that while that
SIMM socket looked different from the others (set appart from the others, and
at an angle instead of straight), it was still only a regular SIMM socket for
adding ram.

> I used a P90/no cache for *way* too long - it was my locked-down, always
> boots never *fsck* with it box for cruising the internet with my ISDN line.
>
> Of course, the installation of my DSL line caused me to upgrade to a dual
> PII/333 box ;^)

Thhhhp.

--
Joshua D. Boyd