[rescue] OT: SSH

Kenneth Caruso rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 17:00:51 CST 2001

Not recently but almost a year ago. I have noticed an increase in scanning
for this vulnerability in the past month and personally know a couple of
people and or companies that have been rooted by this exploit. I am
guessing its the crc attack, only its finally been stupified/coded to the
script kiddie level. From my understanding disabiling protocol 1 (as the
exploit is the protocol 1 code) is a good immediate action to take if you
cannot upgade/patch right away. I believe post 2.2 of openssh is safe.

Oh heres the notice.

http://securityfocus.com/bid/2347

Ken Caruso
kenc at seattlewireless.net
http://ken.ipl31.net

"when in doubt tell the truth" -Mark Twain