[rescue] OT: Proble w/ soft power on Alpha 164SX MB

Jim Carver rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 15:22:08 CST 2001

> >       I am finally putting together an Alpha system using an Alpha
> > 21164PC 533 processor and the PC164SX motherboard. Everything works fine
> > except for the soft power. I have tested the case switch, and it is
> > working fine, but the system only powers up (randomly) about every 10-15
> > times that I hit the button.

I've had the same problem on a couple of early ATX Dual pentium Pro
boards I found that by passing the soft power circuit on the M'Board I
solved the problem. I connected the front case switch directly to to
Power sense wire
(Green on my power supply) and case ground. They've been working fine
this
way for a couple of years.