[rescue] WTB Ultra-1 (or similar)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 21:11:07 CST 2001

By my read, this thread is unanswered, so I will ;^)

The Ultra-1 has 8x DIMM slots, and it takes SS/20-style RAM, (32, 64, 128
Meg DIMMs, maybe 16 Meg, but I don't know/care)...

You can get cheap RAM on eBay from seller "Sunguk" - typically 32 Meg DIMMs
for $10/ea, and in the Ultra-1 you must install ram in like-size pairs.

With 8x 128 Meg DIMMs, you can suff a Gig in an Ultra 1 - with 8x 32 Meg
DIMMs you can put 256 Meg in (for only $85).

As for disk drives, you can put 2x 1" tall SCA drives in the Ultra 1 (if
installed ont he proper sleds), or, I would imagine, one 1.6" tall SCA
drive.

Nice boxes, they make nice christmas presents...

Ken