[rescue] Reading recommendations?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 12:40:20 CST 2001

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> > certified AIX admin
>
> So how does one go about obtaining this training/certification?...
> preferably with no actual human training... books only of course.

Don't know how to do it with no human interaction. I was an OS/2 admin,
and my employer at the time wanted me to cross-train in all the "IBM
stuff", so they bought me an IBM Education card. Great deal, I might
add. $5k buys you all the classes and exams you can fit into one year.
All I had to do was let them know when I'd be out for training and go. I
took an average of one week a month. All I really wanted was access to
that coffeee machine I mentioned in the other thread.

Funny thing is, less than six months after I finished that year of
training, they decided not to renew my contract. Their loss - I had all
sorts of new skills they'd paid for.

---sambo