OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 12:05:19 CST 2001

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Yeah, but I wouldn't want to stress a 2.4 machine too hard at this point
> either, so it is kinda a no win situation for linux.  The new VM appears
> fine so far but it hasn't had extensive real world testing yet (remeber,
> 2.4.0 had a new VM system.  Then, 2.4.10 had ANOTHER different VM management
> system).  I'm not real thrilled with that action, but the 2.4.0 system had
> serious problems, and IMHO it shouldn't have been released as final until
> fixed.

Hrm. I just put 2.5.1 on a machine and whooo baby, it screams. I
strongly suspect further VM tweaking. I hadn't done anything between
2.4.2 and 2.5.1, and the difference was quite astounding. Also LOTS of
new routing stuff in 2.5.1. I'm looking forward to building a new
firewall with it on Sunday.

---sambo