[rescue] Sun keyboard on Mac

Jeffrey S. Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 23:51:43 CST 2001

Hi Bill.  I finally joined rescue.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> least I did; it wanted drivers.. for a KEYBOARD???)

Today I diagnosed why my PC sucked at playing games.  It would play any
game *once*, but all subsequent tries to play any game failed when it
tried to switch into the appropriate video mode.

The following fixed the problem:
* Flash system BIOS
* Flash video BIOS
* Install latest drivers for everything
* Install drivers for KT133 chipset that I didn't know my machine needed
  and that it has lived without for almost a year.
  (drivers... for a MOTHERBOAD???)

With the chipset drivers in place, my system is noticeably faster.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss at subatomix.com