[rescue] HP Visualize C160

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 18:01:12 CST 2001

   RePC isn't the only used computer store in the Seattle area. There's one
in Bellevue called PC Recycle. It looks a lot like my basement only
moreso, and actually has a wider selection of interesting stuff than RePC,
crammed into a much smaller store.

   Unfortunately, their prices are similar to RePC. Although I suppose $130
for an eight-port VGA&PS/2 KVM really isn't bad -- I probably should go back
and get one of those -- but it wasn't the sort of dirt-cheap pricing I was
hoping for.

   They have a bunch of SS2's, and an IPX with drives and RAM, and a bunch
of Alphastations, and a couple of Apollos, but what I got was a C160. This
time I checked -- it has a CPU (complete with the biggest CPU fan I've ever
seen) and RAM. It also has onboard graphics with a genuinely odd connector.
I suppose it's too much to hope that this thing can be configured to use
an ordinary EISA VGA card, at least in X if not for booting?

   There's another C160 there too. I got mine for $150. Did I get a deal or
did I get ripped off?

   --James B.