[rescue] FS: Sun EXP-2, Best Offer

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 11:31:46 CST 2001

The drives and such are all SCSI. (I don't even know what IPI
is...sorry...)

The problem I had was with a cable with one of these 50-pin connectors
going from one of the old boxes to a 50-pin centronics on an Exabyte
8505XL.

The old boot box connected to and worked with the SS20 worked fine. As
soon as I added the tape on the end of the SCSI chain it crapped out. I
rearranged parts and replaced the old box with the old 50-pin connectors
with a newer box (same drives) and centronics connectors all around.
Works fine now.

I have the old one attached to my workstation here with a CDROM in it.
As long as I don't try to hang something else off the end, it's OK.