[rescue] FS: Sun EXP-2, Best Offer

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 11:15:00 CST 2001

> > The connectors on the back are some type of proprietary
> > 50-pin Sun SCSI connector with three rows of pins, styled
> > like an oversized VGA connector. In trying to use these boxes
> > with SS20s, I found that some of the cables were unsuitable.
> > Too old, designed for an older version of SCSI, or something.
> > I'm sure someone else can give you a better reason...
> >
> > I am still using them, but have only seen the connectors and
> > cables like that in one catalog. I imagine they'll get harder
> > to find, still.

Those cables are actually a standard SCSI (albeit very old) The same connector
is also used on IPI drives in Sun systems. Are you sure the drive you are
connecting to is SCSI? Are you sure the cable is SCSI and not IPI? (I wonder if
there is a difference? Dave?)

I have had success using these cables/connectors with newer sun boxes. Since I
have a bunch of 3rd party boxes and a pile of various cables :)

Mike N