[rescue] FS: Sun EXP-2, Best Offer

Adam Kropelin rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 17 08:49:42 CST 2001

My buddy, Dennis, (copied on this mail) acquired a Sun EXP-2 in a lot of Mac
equipment he picked up recently. I was not previously familiar with this
unit, but it appears to be a 2 x 5.25" full height external drive chassis.
(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.) Sun PN is 599-1734-01.

A few URLs for pictures are at the end of this note. It's in pretty good
shape, but appears to have been subject to some modifications as there are
handmade 50-pin Centronics-sized cut-outs in back panel (see pictures).
Anybody know what connectors are supposed to be there? The power supply
tests good. Item is VERY sturdy, and has a fan that was so quiet that I had
to put my hand in front of it to make sure it was on. No drives or external
SCSI connectors, but SCSI ID switches are still there.

Dennis is looking for best offer, buyer pays USPS shipping from Rochester,
NY. The unit is fairly heavy, so keep that in mind. If anybody has other
questions, feel free to email Dennis or I and we'll do our best to answer
them.

--Adam

http://www4.adhost.com/big6/storeimage.php?action=view&id=28
http://www4.adhost.com/big6/storeimage.php?action=view&id=29