[rescue] Fast Data Access MMU Miss - WTF?!

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 22:45:01 CST 2001

A "bloke" from the UK had me install Debian on a
machine here in NJ, and then over the internet he
accessed it and upgraded the software and configured
it for colo in CA.

But he FSCK'd it up. Again. ;^)

He did something, and now when it tries to boot off
the disc, it comes up with the above message - any
ideas what causes this?

I saw this post on NetBSD list, but I don't understand
the cause...

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc64/faq.html#fast-dmmu-miss

Obviously he futzed the kernel, but how to fix this?
(Debian on an Ultra 1-170 - most posts I saw had to do
with much beefier CPUs, > 400 MHz)

Thanks in advance,

Ken

=====