[rescue] Sun help

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 22:21:49 CST 2001

I would consider myself lucky to get $100 for either
system (incl. monitor).

I might even feel guilty, based on what is out in the
market these days, since this is such a low-end
machine.

Their value is in being complete systems, with decent
monitors, IMHO. The buyer could later forklift upgrade
the system with anonter box (SS/10 oe 20, a low-end
ultra, whatever) and reuse the mouse, keyboard,
framebuffer, and monitor...

Just my thoughts (you asked ;^),

Ken

--- Steve Sandau <ssandau at bath.tmac.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I bought an SS2 with a 400M drive, 64M, 17"
> monitor, keyboard,
> mouse for $30 on eBay. (The shipping was $45!) I
> think I got a pretty
> good deal.
>
> Recently I hve seen SS2s on eBay for anywhere from
> $30 to $100+. The Sun
> monitor would be nice, but shipping is a killer on
> those...
>
> Kenneth Dunn wrote:
> >
> > Hi, can someone tell me what these are worth in
> terms of $US ?
> >
> > SparcStation 2 64meg pizza box style case 2gig
> drive, Weitek powerUp
> > processor.20" Sun Monitor. Keyboard, Mouse.
> >
> > SparcStation IPX, 64meg Weitek powerUp processor,
> 1gig drive, keyboard,
> > Sun monochrome monitor around 17", keyboard,
> mouse.
>
> --
> Steve Sandau
> ssandau at bath.tmac.com