[rescue] HP HIL Keyboard(s)?

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 15:36:51 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
To: rescue at sunhelp.org <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2001 4:22 PM
Subject: [rescue] HP HIL Keyboard(s)?

>All,
>
>Got 2 free 715/100's and a free 700i ( funky rack mounted HP server
>thing that has cards kind of like 6U VME cards) lately.

Cool beans!

>I could use one or more HIL keyboards/mice, or perhaps the HIL <-> PS/2
>adaptor.

Per posts from a few weeks ago, you will need to obtain a keyboard interface
box with cable to connect ANY keyboards or mice to the 715/100's The 'even'
model 715's have a 10 pin RJ that connects the input box to the machine. Do
a search through the rescue archive it should be easy to find for more
details.

>Anyone know about the 700i? It started to boot HP/UX 9.something, but
>hung trying to mount a filesystem that wasn't there, and I didn't have a
>keyboard to cancel out of it.  .  .

Serial console is your friend with that box.

>Steve
>
>P.S. Anything special about the CD-ROM drives for these guys? One is
>missing. Looks like a generic Toshiba caddy drive.

The HP's of that vintage like the same 512 byte block CD-ROMs that Sun and
SGI's like. The 1x Sun caddy loading CD-ROM will not work though.

Mike N