[rescue] HP9000/C100

Thomas Bogendoerfer rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 15:35:33 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:24:54PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > depends on the graphics board. My C100 has a HCRX8 graphics boards, which
> > is supported by the kernel framebuffer driver. And X is able to use this
> > framebuffer driver (unaccelerated at the moment). The driver currently
> > supports onboard 712/715new/B1xx/Cxxx graphics, Visualize-EG GSC cards,
> > HCRX8 and HCRX24. FX cards aren't supported, because I don't have docs
> > for them, but I'm working on getting them. 710 and 715/old onboard works
> > with a newer kernel, which is not on the 0.9.3 ISO.
> >
> This is terrific news! the ISO released yesterday, does it include the SCSI
> patch you mentioned earlier or do I need to pass that as a boot arg still??

unfortunetly the fix isn't on the ISO, so you need the boot arg.

> Also, is the HCRX24 fully 24 bit or is it running as an emulated HCRX8?

it runs 24bit by default, but you could force it to 8bit, if you want
for speed reasons.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]