[rescue] DEC 5000?

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 12:14:38 CST 2001

Is it just me, or does it seem that a power supply failure in
the back-end which caused a separate system (connected only
by a special interface card) to be unusable, means that likely
the interface card is unusable?

I dunno...but it sure seems as though just replacing the P/S
in the MASPAR box and sacrificing another DEC 5000 to it won't
make the back end completely usable.  It sure would be nice if
there were a way to run diagnostics on the interface card...

  --Rip