[rescue] SSH through firewall

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 08:12:24 CST 2001

>But if you look at your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file, you'll notice
>that the ssh client does not record what port the sshd for a given
>host was listening on. Thus, if you had multiple host keys for

Exactly.  But what if it did?

>a given host, you would end up having to ack a host key change
>everytime you connected to a different port. This would definately
>defeat the purpose of the host key.

And that's where I'm at now.  I actually use putty most of the time, so I
may drop the author a line and see if it makes any sense to him.

I'm think maybe I'll try registering a few more hostnames pointing at my
dynamic IP.  Maybe then I can trick ssh and putty into allowing more than
one host key per IP address.

Southwestern Bell just raised DSL rates, so you'd think in return they'd
lift my upstream cap and give me a handful of static IPs.  Guess they have
to save something for the high dollar package.

newell