[rescue] suggestions for hardware database?

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 10:39:39 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody have any suggestions for a freely available
> package (preferrably perl/mysql, or php/mysql) that would
> let me easily track the following things about a bunch of
> systems:

It's definitely not what you're looking for, but a friend introduced me to
a really nifty little program called hnb (hierarchial note book) that
uses XML to store its data (and can export to ascii and html as well).

More or less a notebook for throwing in ideas.. I've been using it to keep
track of my inventory of parts.

http://hnb.sourceforge.net/

It can also be used as a sort of TODO list, with checkboxes and percentage
done.

-Matthew