[rescue] HP9000/C100

Jochen Kunz rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 02:26:31 CST 2001

On 2001.12.12 02:13 jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com wrote:

>    NetBSD says it doesn't support the framebuffer, so I've just been
> assuming that I would be running it headless.
There is only some obscure and limited X11 support for the mono
framebuffer of the VAXstation 3100 line. Local text console (via wscons)
should work fine on that mono framebuffer.

> Too bad they had to put the console
> on the MMJ instead of the DB25 right beside it, but oh well.
This is the DEC way of life. ;-)

>    Can these things netboot?
??? Ahhh, AFAIK every VAX ever build can netboot. Have a look at the
NetBSD netboot HOWTO...

> I know where I can get a bunch more at $10 a
> pop, but I wouldn't want to provide disks for all of them.
You will be able to build a nice cluster with this pizza boxes. :-)

>    "Slow" is relative. My "normal" point right now is a 3/60, so these
> will probably look just fine to me. :)
The 3/60 is rated at 3 MIPS and the VLC at 6 VUPs (=MIPS).