[rescue] Ultra 10 doesn't boot

Hannes Stiebitzhofer rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 05:20:57 CST 2001

Hi,

I bought recently a Sun Ultra 10 with a Creator graphics card. Since I have
only a PC monitor I got also one of that 13WtoVGA adapter. And the box didn't
nothing after switching it on. I tried serveral times and then decided to
remove the creator graphics card. And the monitor to the other build in
graphics adapter. After that the box came up easily and was working fine.
But, as you understand, 8 bit graphics isn't cool so I plugged the creator card
into the box again and now it doesn't do anything. Even removing the creator
changed anything. The only thing I could see that the monitor tells me there is
no signal in difference to the powershutdown, where the monitor tells me there
is no connection. Any ideas what I can do now?

Best,
Hannes