[rescue] Wanted: Tru64 or Digital Unix

Eric Dittman rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 13:47:25 CST 2001

> http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/noncommercial-unix/
>
> Should be like $99 for a "technology enthusiast" kit.  You can only
> purchase the latest OS release, which currently is 5.1.

I have the noncommercial Tru64 license and media.  The last time I
checked V5.1 was the latest offered for the noncommercial licenses,
but V5.1A is the latest release.  All you get are the Tru64 install
CDs.  There aren't any layered products CDs included.

> OpenVMS hobbyist kit is free, and apparently a lot more
> development/utilities stuff can be had free as well.  That's
> at http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/

The OpenVMS hobbyist program does offer more products than the
Tru64 noncommercial program.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net