[rescue] Fujitsu AG10-E works under Solaris8 with some hacking :)

Monty Walls rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 9 17:27:09 CST 2001

Ok, if you want decent 24 bit color under Solaris 8 with an
older sbus/mbus SparcStation the AG10-E will work.

Howto:

a) Install Solaris 8 in 32bit mode (like you get a choice) :)
b) Install the Solaris 2.6 packages for the Fujitsu AG10-E (PFUaga, PFUaga.2, PFUagacf, PFUagaow, PFUagar), reboot liberally :)
c) copy /usr/dt/config/Xservers to /etc/dt/config/Xservers
d) edit /etc/dt/config/Xservers so that the you add '-dev /dev/fb defclass TrueColor' to your Xsun entry
e) then restart dtlogin remotely or reboot

Obviously your mileage will vary and other settings will and won't work....  But at 10$ for an AG10e on Ebay
it beats hell out of a S24 or a TGX.

Now if I could only find an OpenGL driver for this puppy....

have fun,
	Monty.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)