[rescue] Spaceballs.

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 19:25:36 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:11:51PM -0800, Ken Hansen wrote:
> What about the one-handed monitor temperature
> adjustment crowd? ;^)

Hmm.  Well, if you view color as a vector <r, g, b, 0> (or should that be a
1?), then you can use a matrix to transform it.

For instance, pushing the ball around would create translation matrices inside
the RGB vector space.  Rotating the ball would generate rotation matrices.
Not sure how one would create scaling matrices from the ball input.

Anyway, this would mean that you could rotate and move the colors around in
presumably interesting ways for adjustment.  One could allow one of the buttons
on the space ball to put you in a mode for doing color space projections, and
warping, shearing.

This actually is related to something else I'm working on.  Since I don't have
a space ball, obviously I'm not using it for this though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd