[rescue] Bypassing Password Protected NVRAM on SS4

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 10:57:24 CST 2001

With a SPARC5 and a 20 (both with unknow-to-me passwords in the NVRAM),
I was able to fire up the machine and get to the point where it asked
for the NVRTAM password, remove the NVRAM chip, hit enter, replace the
NVRAM and reset the chip to factory defaults. Worked the two times I
tried it with no ill effects.

I don't know if a SS4 is the same arrangement or not...