[rescue] Sun Tests... was CCNA test costs?

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 12:24:23 CST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

<snip>
> I'll actually do so.  I've taken the Sun testing exams @ Sylvan, so I
> can compare to VUE.  If I'd known thats what VUE was (I never looked
> at the web page), I would have gone with you guys to begin with. 8-)

On another note, what is the best set of books for someone who hasn't been
using Solaris since 2.5.1 x86 two or three years ago and wants to get back
into it and also get certified.  Keep in mind that I have passed the
Windows 2000 MCSE accelerated upgrade test without ever actually using
Windows 2000 Server or implementing active directory.  I went to a CCNP
boot camp but in hindsight I could have passed the tests with merely the
books.  I've been using Linux and FreeBSD for much longer than Solaris.

Thanks,
Andrew

I have:
Solaris 8 the Complete Reference and
Solaris Advanced Systems Administrator Guide (covers up to 2.6)