[rescue] OT [FWD LOCAL: Time Cube debate at MIT]]

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 18:55:06 CST 2001

> www.timecube.com OK, either this is the most fscked up thing I've ever
seen,
> or I am one of the hopelessly brainwashed.

You and me, both...

> His idea of four independent day-states is not a leap of logic (or faith,
> which he lambastes), but the blazing rant with bad grammar definitely
> renders his argument null.

as far as I had the patience to read, he seems to be saying that:
1+1+1+1=4
therefore
1=4

<star trek reference>
ErrOr. ErrOr.  Does not compute!  ErrOooorrr! ....fizzle....
</star trek reference>

I, apparently, am "educated stupid" because that don't make no sense to
me....

I can see where he might have spawned the idea - winter in AU is summer in
US, and vice-versa.  However, to go on for pages and pages about how there
are 4 simultaneous days in any single rotation of the sun is, ludicrous.

Strictly speaking, if we can divide time like that, there exists a *seperate
and distinct* day for each living being on planet earth - following
convenient continuum divergence theories...

> I wonder if MIT is just giving him enough rope to hang himself?

If I had to guess, I think the administration at MIT is genuinely interested
in seeing the student reaction to this guy's rant.  They're probably also
looking for a good laugh.  I'll bet they also want an easy shot at him
too...

Kurt