[rescue] Boy, am I glad I didn't switch to Cable modemservic e...

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 11:01:35 CST 2001

Ya know....
maybe you are over-engineering the discussion with the cable company. I have
been in some situations like this ("sorry, we can't do it that way"). I
suspect that if you built a shed-sized building at the bottom of the drive
and called the cableco and asked for an install, nobody would catch on.
Don't tell anyone about the details. The installer may scratch his head, but
should do the install. I even got phone service to a travel trailer in
Florida that way.

I had the cableco in my town go balistic when I asked about broadband
routers and a static IP. I shut my mouth and had my wife call up a week
later and act like nothing was strange. I even had them bother to run the
cable to my wife's PC. When I got home that night I cut the cable in the
cellar, moved the cable modem and installed my router. Fork 'em.