[rescue] Got me a PowerBook 165c

Jeff Borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 21:01:29 CST 2001

Heh, I've got one of these too. It had been upgraded with a 1GB hard drive
and I think it has 8MB of RAM. I have 7.6.1 that works pretty well. I used
it for email in bed while I had a broken ankle a couple of summers ago.

I snagged one of those SCSI to 10Base-T adapters from the OSU surplus
feeding frenzy* Those PeeCee scrappers had no idea WTF it was.

I think you may be able to DL an appropriate OS from apple. Email me
privately if you need more assistance. I'm sure Mr. Wargo will chime in too.

It may be slow but it's held up better that both of my bosses G3 powerbooks.

*(TM) BSD Bob, all rights reserved.

best,
Jeffrey