[rescue] Boy, am I glad I didn't switch to Cable modem servi c e...

Jim Carver rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 19:49:15 CST 2001

Check with whatever State Agency regulates the utility companies in
your state as to what your options are. While many utils in Oregon where
I live and work won't own up to it, they are obligated by the state to
accept and use "customer dug" trenches that meet the utils specs. At
the company I work for, we love customer provided trenches. At $3.00/ft
for power (trench and cable)it doesn't take to many big rocks or inter-
secting utilities, to make it a loosing proposition.

				jim