[rescue] cgnine on SunOS 4.x sun4m?

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 11:03:34 CST 2001

I tried to use a cgnine on a 4/600 with 4.1.3_U1.  Support is not in
the Generic kernel, so I proceeded to compile it in.  The problem is,
only the sun4 OBJ tree has cgnine.o, the sun4c and sun4m trees do not.
I can understand sun4c, but why not sun4m? ditto for gpone.o

Anyway, I tried using the sun4 cgnine.o and the linker complained about
unreferenced
cgnine functions.  Is the linker unable to read the sun4 object file or
did I forget
something in the build configuration?

Is there any way to "convert" the sun4 object file to sun4m?  I remember
something like this in the netbsd netboot docs.  They provided one boot
loader
and you had to do something like delete some bytes to convert it to
another
arch.

Finally, if that is not practical, would it be possible to decompile
cgnine.o and
recompile it for sun4m?

KL