[rescue] Okay, here's a tough one.

Jonathan Sadler rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 19:47:03 CST 2001

Rumer has it that Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> opined on Sat, 1 Dec 2001 22:50:30
-0600 the following:

> I have five displays that take VGA (HD15) in.  I have a video source (VCR).
> I need to display the video source on the displays, if possible, WITHOUT
> having to digitize it and then have a computer play it back.
>
> Suggestions?  Anybody make a tv-to-VGA box?  I know they make VGA-to-TV...

Avermedia (www.avermedia.com) makes the AVerTV Box External TV Tuner which can connect
various video sources to a VGA device. From their web page:

Supported inputs:
  - Coaxial TV antenna input
  - Stereo audio input
  - Y,PB,PR Input (for DVD player)
  - VGA input
  - S-Video input
  - Composite (RCA) video input

Output Signal:
  - Stereo audio output
  - Audio Output
  - Composite video output
  - VGA monitor output

Currently buy.com has these for $138.95 before $30 mail in rebate.  If you use a $10
off $100 coupon (do a google search to find) you can get this for $108 with free
shipping.  BTW, the current coupons expire EOD tomorrow (12/3)...

Jonathan Sadler