[rescue] Boy, am I glad I didn't switch to Cable modem service...

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 08:45:06 CST 2001

> I think AT& T is rolling out their connection. Two of my friends that have
> @home just sent me change of address to @attbi today. This is in Portland
and
> the Willamette Valley.

If anyone could do it right, it might be AT&T.  I'll be interested to see
what the other cable companies come up with.

At this point, I think we'll see @home cease to exist (at least in present
form) in the very near future.  The cable companies have already begun the
build-out of their networks, and most already use portions to service
business clients.  If my hunch is correct, the cable companies just want to
use @home to bridge the gap between today and when they can go "lights-on"
on the rest of their own networks.  That might be the bone of
contentionhere - @home knows this, and are trying like mad to keep *some*
customers.  Nobody at @home want to let their company slip quietly into the
long goodnight - except the creditors (apparently).

Kurt