[rescue] Okay, here's a tough one.

Dan Canaan rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 2 00:45:04 CST 2001

At 10:50 PM 12/1/01 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>I have five displays that take VGA (HD15) in.  I have a video source (VCR).
>I need to display the video source on the displays, if possible, WITHOUT
>having to digitize it and then have a computer play it back.
>
>Suggestions?  Anybody make a tv-to-VGA box?  I know they make VGA-to-TV...
>
>Bill

Without a computer to interpret the signals and generate the necessary
VGA/SVGA output, I don't know how to do it.

WITH a computer though, it's pretty easy to do with any run of the mill TV
tuner card such as ATI or Hauppage.  You will need a splitter for the VGA
output though, but those are available as well to maintain signal strength.

  |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
  |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
  |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
  | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters at picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |