[rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 1 23:54:04 CST 2001

>If you can get a part number for the missing board, check www.ambry.com.
>They have a staggering array of parts for Comapq machines much older than

The part number is 273773-001, ambry apparently have one, but $35 for the
part is insane.  I found a company at www.etiexpress.com that supposedly
has them for $15.  Anybody ever heard or done business with them?  I found
another called tremar.com that didn't have prices online, so we'll see if
they answer an email.

I'll also try my local Compaq tomorrow for a laugh, how expensive could
they be?

>upcoming revival of of a Deskpro 386/20 and a multiprocessor 486 Systempro.

Mmm that systempro would be sweet!  It's been about 3 years since I
seriously played with Compaq hardware.  That's part of the reason I picked
up the Proliant, it's good to keep up the skills (or at least work the
brain trying to remember stuff.)

Rob.