[rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 1 16:46:28 CST 2001

>I have one of those machines. If fact it is this very machine I am working at.
>Make sure the SCSI daugter board is seated and that the riser board is also
>seated. It is a PITA on this machiine.

There's supposed to be a SCSI daughter board?  Does this go in the
"External SCSI connector" slot beside the HD68 connector on the riser
board, or do I need to look elsewhere?

I haven't found any exploded view pictures of what this thing should look
like yet, so it is possible somebody swiped stuff out of it before I got to
it.  Any pointers to documentation would be useful, I've had very little
luck finding stuff on Compaq's "pretty" website, at least anything for a
box this old.  Found lots of stuff on the faster processor models, but they
appear to be quite different to this guy, why do they re-use the same model
number???

>BTW, the Pentium II 333 MHz upgrades will not work in the Porliant 800.

This thing is a 180/256 and it will get another 180/256 if I ever get it
going properly.  Yes, I know that with 256k of cache it's not going to set
the world alight, but it's enough for my needs.

cheers,

Rob