[rescue] Re: [geekd] word processing myths (was: nuking from orbit)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 20:48:02 CDT 2001

Pages are *outside* the HTML standard. Any support for such a thing would
have to come from the "browser", and for that page information to be used in
the HTML document in question would almost certainly require
custom/proprietary code.

The very flexibility inherent in HTML documents & browsers is *a good
thing*. To tinker with that I'd need a real good reason, and I can't think
of one right now.

How will you handle A4 vs US Letter size paper, for instance?

To produce well defined output would require a less flexible browser - think
PDF...