[rescue] Need input... need input... on SparcBook2

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 15:10:06 CDT 2001

MZ> SparcBook1 has IDE disks.
MZ> SparcBook2 has SCSI disks.

MZ> Both are 2.5" form factor, so you'll have to find an adapter (or a Dec
MZ> Multia, which uses 2.5" SCSI disks too...).

MZ> I even think that the Multia solution might be the cheapets... :-)

Actually he should check with some people on the PowerBook lists.  The
2.5" IDE to SCSI adapter is something used quite often to retrofit old
PowerBooks with larger drives.  And since the design of them has
changed from an end style card to an under-the-drive card they should
fit quite easily with new(er) drives in most machines.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc